Melbourne Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Welcome to Melbourne Urban Adventures. Melbourne is a lively cosmopolitan city filled with hidden treasures and a creative energy, and ideal for exploring on a Melbourne tour. The city is renowned as the arts and cultural capital of Australia, and a city of style, fashion, food, architecture, theatres, galleries, trams and gardens. The beautiful Yarra river winds through the southern end of the CBD lined with an array of cafes, restaurants, shops and there are numerous festivals throughout the year. Melbourne is a city with many magical secrets to discover and what better way than with a unique Melbourne Urban Adventures Tour.
from 30 reviews
From AUD 99.00
See Melbourne's nightlife from a safe distance while paddling a kayak past bars and under bridges. Stop for a unique 'on water' dinner before powering on like a pro. This Melbourne tour is the perfect combo of action and indulgence.more...
City Sights Kayak Tour
from 7 reviews
From AUD 78.00
Score the best view in town on this Melbourne tour that bypasses the pedestrian traffic. Take to the water and cruise at zero altitude while admiring the sights of Melbourne - without having to side step people, cars and trams.more...
River to the Sky tour From AUD 117.00
This Melbourne tour is two parts water, one part air; from kayaking the Yarra's murky yet much-loved waters to scaling the heights of the Eureka Tower, you'll see Melbourne from above, and below.more...
Bike About Tour
from 4 reviews
From AUD 78.00
Biking in Melbourne is so hot right now, what with all the bike lanes, flat terrain and cycle paths. So join the cool kids on this Melbourne tour that gives the middle finger to big, old tour buses and embraces pedal power.more...
Aussie Rules Melbourne Tour From AUD 50.00
We all know that Aussies are a pretty passionate breed, but when it comes to AFL, they make Justin Beiber's 'Beliebers' look indifferent. Join this Melbourne tour to get the scoop on the most beloved sport in Australia, from its indigenous roots, to the biggest moments in AFL history, and the stadiums they were played in. You might even get to have a bit of a kick around, so don't forget to bring your game face.more...
Melbourne International Comedy Festival
Place: Melbourne - [ 28/03/2015 - 22/04/2015 ]
An expose of the funny and sometimes the downright silly, with a combination of fantastic local and imported talent from all around the world.Melbourne Internationl Film Festival
Place: Melbourne - [ 21/07/2015 - 07/08/2015 ]
This is an annual event showcasing a wide range of films from Australia and around the world.AFL Premiership Season
Place: Melbourne - [ 24/03/2015 - 01/10/2015 ]
A uniquely Australian sport, Australian Rules Football, the professional season remains a central focus of Australian sports lovers for a good portion of the year.more events...
Lost Prime Minister
more... more stories...
16 Apr 2015 The cycling tour was simply amazing. I loved it! Our tour leader Mark was really helpful and went the extra mile to asist us in all possible aspects. I can highly recommend the Bike about tour in Melbourne to anyone who's visitng Melbourne for the first time and I'm sure it'll be one fantastic experience. - Jayani De Silva
25 Mar 2015 3 friends and I treated ourselves to Moonlight Kayaking as a 40th birthday present to ourselves. Our guides Matt and Mark were very friendly, helpful and informative. Unfortunately my friend and I had to cut our tour short as my friend was feeling unwell. Matt was great looking after us and making sure were were ok, and driving us to the ending point to meet our other friends. My other friends who completed the tour had a ball and loved every minute of it. I look forward to booking again, and getting the full experience, and seeing my home town from a new perspective.
22 Mar 2015 Great experience!
18 Feb 2015 Apart from the delay at the start due to late comers the experience was fantastic. Loved the adventure along the waters of Melbourne. The moonlight tour is the one to go for to get an experience of day and night.
03 Feb 2015 Our guide Matt was friendly and knowledgeable. He made us all feel safe and secure and created a relaxed vibe while paddling. The sunset was beautiful and we even caught a bit of the tennis on the big screen! Great time.
26 Jan 2015 We loved it! Took a little while to get into the hang of it but Dave and Matt were really helpful.
20 Jan 2015 Exceeded expectations. Very enjoyable
20 Jan 2015 Great fun!
18 Jan 2015 Our tour guide was fantastic and we had great fun! Looking forward to seeing the photos he took on his phone as he promised he would email them to us...!
01 Jan 2015 So glad I decided to book the Kayak tour. Kent, Dave, Sarah and Gina were all really friendly and gave us plenty of information about the local area and a little bit of architectural/structural transformations along the Yarra River. The trip was awesome and I would definitely recommend to others and hope to do it again myself!
Melbourne Urban Adventures unlock the hidden secrets of the waterways and laneways of Melbourne. Join us on a Melbourne tour to find out what makes the city tick and get acquainted with a uniquely local view of the city.
Feels like: 19°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.