Bites & Sights with Eureka Skydeck
A Bucket List Tour of Melbourne
Melbourne has so much to offer, it can’t be fully experienced in just three hours — but that won’t stop us from trying! Start at Melbourne’s highest viewpoint and weave your way through its streets. Sip a famous Melbourne flat white, discover the street art scene, sample multicultural food, and finish things off with a hidden laneway bar. From what makes it famous to why the locals love it, we’ll show you the best of Melbourne!
Melbourne Bites & Sights Highlights
- See Melbourne from its highest point, the Eureka Skydeck
- Try a flat white at a local café and become one with Melbourne’s coffee obsession
- Learn about Melbourne’s rich multicultural history with lunch featuring your guide’s favourite cuisine
- Wander Melbourne’s famous laneways and learn how the city’s street art movement developed
- Relax with a drink in a hidden laneway bar
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, entrance to Eureka Skydeck, one coffee drink of your choice, one hearty sample of international cuisine, one bottle of beer.
Exclusions: Additional drinks or food, souvenirs, and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Outside the entrance to Eureka Skydeck, under the palm trees. 7 Riverside Quay, Southbank. View on Google Maps.
- Starting time: 11.30 AM
- Ending point: Gordon Reserve, 74-108 Spring Street, East Melbourne.
- Full Itinerary
Start your tour at the Eureka Skydeck, an 88-storey skyscraper that is home to stunning views of the city. Your guide brings you to the top of the tower, pointing out key points of interest in the city and previewing where you will go next. After coming back down to earth, it’s time to dive into the cityscape.
First, a coffee. Your guide explains what makes Melbourne coffee unique, what to look for in a barista, and some of the vocabulary to use when ordering a coffee. You’ll put your knowledge to the test by ordering a brew, then enjoying it with your group.
Next, it’s time to explore Melbourne’s famous street art scene. What used to simply be called “graffiti” has become a trendy artistic style, and the laneways of this city are filled with constantly evolving murals. Your guide shows you to some of their favourites and explains how the movement has developed, exploring the work of these back alley artists until you’ve worked up an appetite.
And what better way to meet that appetite than with Melbourne’s multicultural food scene? Your guide takes you to their favourite local restaurant for a hearty sample of one of the many cuisines Melbourne is known for. Here your guide tells you about the numerous waves of migrants who have helped to create the Melbourne we see today.
After you’ve finished eating, it’s time for a drink. Melbourne is filled with many fun and fabulous bars, but you need a local to tell you which ones are hot at this very moment. Your guide takes you to a trendy bar to finish things off with a beer (or soda) and a final chat.
By the end of your tour, you’ll be able to spot amazing art, cafes, restaurants, and bars like a Melbourne local. But if you still need more tips, your local guide is happy to offer up some suggestions for the rest of your stay.
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, entrance to Eureka Skydeck, 1 coffee drink of your choice, 1 hearty sample of international cuisine, 1 bottle of beer.
- Exclusions: Additional drinks or food, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Dress standard: Melbourne is known to have four seasons in one day – please check the weather report and dress accordingly!
- Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.